Tuesday 9 August 2011

9/8/2011 The Birmingham Riots, the Aftermath

So its the day after the riots hit Birmingham, I go back to town to see what the damage is in the centre. A lot of shops have smashed windows and the boards are up. But there are so many people all going around still shopping. Just goes to show people will always unite in times of great problems.

So I'm back at the store to help out with the clear up and it's just crazy how the madness from last night has left the shop floor. Like everything you have seen in the news is exactly what us guys are having to clean up after all that craziness of gangs of looters. Looking at it gives you the reminder that we were lucky to get out of that place and that the people doing it are just crazy young kids who just took a chance and have managed to get away with it.

Whilst doing the clean up I have to have a talk with some woman with a couple of others from the ordeal from last night and she reminds us that shock may kick in weeks later. So I'm just preparing myself for that day where it hits me how close I was to the looters.

I'm going to keep this blog short as I will be going out to get some photos and footage of tonight's events. Call me wreck less but then again I should have been a cameraman in the afghan war.

No comments:

Post a Comment