Sunday 1 February 2009

My second blog: Tossers, Glasses and Refunds

Crazy ain't it I'm actually gonna do another blog, man if I keep this up might just buy myself a pint. So it's been another week in the life of James Taylor, Mr Cynical if you've ever seen one or maybe just the guy who sees things as they should be.

Anyway seeing as a few people liked my last Blog I'll keep doing them but will keep em short especially as the last one was like a bloody letter lol. So What highlights have happened this week well....

I'm kinda sticking to my new year goals part from the gym one to be honest just could not be asked lol but everything else I've been sticking to so I'm happy bout that actually doing something with myself. Trying to stay clear from becoming a full on bum lol.

So what observations have I made this week I hear you all ask. For one does wearing non prescriptive glasses make you an automatic tosser or fanny magnet lol. Normally I would think of people that wear non prescriptive glasses were tossers but I have a pair. Why did I get em because of the pure reason because I like em and think they look good. OK I might sound like a hypocrite, but one time or another you'll slag someone off about something they own but one day you'll eventually succumb to it and join the trend whether it is in or not. Here's an example guys in cardigans. There was a stage where I thought man you bunch of tossers I felt so passionate about it that it took me about 3 years after the rage I finally thought fuck it I'll wear a cardigan. Do you know why I did just for the same reason as the Glasses because it looked good and I liked it. So no matter how much you try not to follow something it will happen no matter how much you want to be individual it will happen, it's just how you style them out.
OK back to the point of the glasses are they a fanny magnet? Well I went out on Thursday to a couple of bars with my mate's and I managed to get attention off girls not saying that I'm god's gift or anything like. But we're talking majority of girls in a club checking me out and one guy talking to me quite possibly a gay lol. Not sure if I stuck out like a sore thumb or had the thought that I always have about people and new trends......
















"TOSSER" (Me in pic)

Then again one of my mate's I was with did say one of the girl's in the club said to her mate.
"that guy with the glasses, they really suit him"
So it leaves the question do these fake glasses bring unnecessary attention to an average guy, who thought they looked good and went with the style for the evening?

That's one question I can leave you to comment on. For those thinking I'm an egotistical prick I'm not just thought I'd write it and even if I was so what does it effect your life?

OK now moving onto the best part working in retail and the joys of dealing with customers.
today's subject:
People trying to get a refund.

That's right there is nothing worst than having to deal with a bloody return. OK there are fair enough reason to bring something back but man when they start going into extremes of trying to bring something back and make up stories to try and get there money back. These people are known as
Lying bastard's

I know it may sound harsh I'm just speaking out here as a working guy and a customer of retail. I'll explain what I mean when I mention that comment basically when a person brings a shoe back and has been unworn and you check em out and they look brand new fair enough, I'm more than happy to take em back. But when they come storming straight to the cash desk I would like a refund open the box then POW!!!! Worn down sole slightly smelly and mud in between the grooves of the sole and then they say OK you ready for this
"I haven't worn these, Could I get my money back"

OK, there's taking the piss and then there's yeah you work in retail so you must be a dumb ass. Do these people know we have probably more coming sense than half of the customers coming in asking about the sale when there's clearly signs everywhere (read previous blog you'll know what I mean). Customer's like that are the reason I write stuff like this up as we live in a place full of retards. What's worst is when the customer is adamant they didn't wear then. On that note I will have to finish this blog as I feel I maybe writing a tad too much lol.

Final note.....

Guys that roam shops trying to steal bags off a customer the public ain't afraid to speak up as I witnessed at work on Saturday as a thieving f*cker tried to take a customer's bag when she wasn't looking. With another customer noticing these actually told the guy to put the bag down, grabbing it off him and brought it to my attention at which point the guy went off in a hurry after putting the bag. So I solute the very few that randomly do acts of courage to do what is right.

Whhoooooooooo Yeahhhhhhhh!!! (that would be me cheering)

From Observation James
:-)

p.s If the Mrs reads this blog, I'll still wear the glasses lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment